Discover the Pearls of Mauritius
Mauritius sits like a pearl in the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. A contrast of colours, culture and tastes it holds a fascination for every visitor who comes here. Add natural beauty to die for and immense charm and the stage is set for a dream holiday in every sense of the word.
There is no better place to discover the clear warm waters and white beaches than from the deck of our Dream Yachts catamaran. The seas surrounding these gorgeous islands teem with underwater treasures. Make sure you practice your snorkelling skills then you can paddle off to even the most hidden places in on-board kayak and marvel at what goes on below the surface.
Whilst cruising you can laze on the sun deck or retire to your own private double cabin with en-suite bathroom. Meals come courtesy of the cook who has an excellent reputation for local signature dishes made with produce from the islands and the sea – as you might imagine the fresh fish and fruit are wonderful.
Our cruise itineraries are designed to show you everything Mauritius is famous for with some hidden away favourite places of our own on the agenda for good measure. All departures are guaranteed.
Mauritius Dream 7 Nights Itinerary
On arrival at our yacht base in La Balise Marina in Riviere Noir, we will commence boarding the catamaran at 1 pm. After a briefing on safety, we will depart for the lagoon of Benitier, which is only 30 minutes away. Here we will spend the afternoon and will stay to admire the sunset. Weather conditions permitting, you may see the high summit of Reunion Island on the horizon.
For guests who have booked the excursion package, before breakfast there will be an opportunity to take an early morning motor boat trip to spot dolphins. After breakfast, we will sail to the lagoon of Mont Choisy, where we will spend the day swimming and enjoying the beautiful beach, before watching the sunset with the Moka mountain range in the background.
After breakfast, we can relax and take advantage of the beautiful lagoon of Mont Choisy for swimming, snorkelling, kayaking. If you have booked the excursions package, you will have the opportunity to visit the museum of sugar and the Garden of Pamplemousses. You will discover the lush vegetation and exceptional flora of this oldest botanical garden of the southern hemisphere and learn about the importance of the culture of sugar canes for the history of the island of Mauritius. After this excursion, the catamaran will sail north, and depending on meteorological conditions, will moor at the bottom of Coin de Mire cliff or in Merville lagoon for a snorkelling session. We will spend tonight at Grand Baie, when you may choose to discover the local nightlife that is on offer, or spend the evening relaxing onboard.
After a slow, relaxing start to the day and a hearty breakfast, you can take advantage of this morning to discover the Grand Baie shops. On this 4th day of our cruise, the Morne Dream cruise passengers will disembark and we’ll welcome the guest boarding for the Gabriel Dream cruise. Your catamaran will sail to the very north of the island and will stop in Cap Malheureux bay for the night, with the famous red-roofed church as a sentinel
This morning you will have the opportunity to visit the Domaine de Labourdonnais Sugar Estate with its castle and its beautiful gardens, old orchards and rum factory (for those on the excursions package). On your way back you will be amazed by your visit of a world-renowned factory of model boats. After lunch on board, we will sail to L’Ile Plate and Ilot Gabriel. Depending on weather conditions, we will stop for snorkelling in the bay of Palissades or in the west coast of L’Ile Plate, and then we will continue on to the lagoon of Ilot Gabriel, where you can spend the afternoon discovering the seclusion and tranquillity in the middle of the blue lagoon between L’Ille Plate and Ilot Gabriel.
This morning will be spent swimming and enjoying the beautiful scenery of these secluded isles, before sailing south west, to the bay of Riviere Noire, a fishing village which has become a popular location for tourists. Here we will anchor for the night.
After a hearty breakfast, during the optional excursion you will visit the village of Chamarel where you will discover the magic of the coloured earths and the fantastic view on the lagoon. You will then visit a rum distillery and enjoy a delicious typical lunch. After lunch, your catamaran will sail in this southern part of the island where we will be able to swim and snorkel.Depending on weather conditions, we will stop at either the beach of Tamarin or discover the mouth of the river Rempart with a sea kayak. Tonight will be spent at La Balise Marina.
LA BALISE MARINA
Disembarkation after breakfast at 8h00 am.
Mauritius is not far from the tropic of Capricorn. That means that the sun is longer at its highest point than anywhere else. Usually in winter (May to October) the highest temperatures vary between 20°C and 26°C in the coastal regions. In summer (November to April) it’s slightly higher, meaning 26°C to 32°C .The water temperature of the Indian Ocean can go up to 28°C. Usually wind is blowing quiet steady from easterly directions.
● 5% on all Dream Yacht Cabin Cruises for clients who have been on a DYC cruise within the past 24
months before the date of booking of the new cruise.
Early booking discount:
● 10% for bookings made at least 180 days prior to departure date
● 5% for bookings made at least 90 days prior to departure date
Only loyalty and early booking discounts are cumulative
Honeymoon and wedding anniversary (every 5 years):
● 25% discount for the bride, valid for all departures except 27/11, 04/12, 11/12, 18/12 and 25/12/2019
Honeymoon / Anniversary discount is not cumulative with any other discount
Lagoon 440 Catamaran
|2 x 325 litres
|2 x 40 hp
|3 x 300 litres
- Full batten mainsail
- Furling genoa
- Electric windlass
- Water maker
- Cabin fans
- CD player
- Chart plotter and depth sounder
- Radar and VHF radio
- Wind speed and direction indicators
- Cockpit speakers
Mauritius Sailing Cruise 20218 days / 7 nights, Rivière Noire - Rivière Noire on board our catamaran Lagoon 440
Prices in £ per person per cruise on full board
Embarkation: La Balise Marina, Wednesday at 1 pm
Disembarkation: La Balise Marina, Wednesday at 8 am
- Accommodation in double cabin with private bathroom
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, diner)
- Service of the crew : 2 persons (captain, steward/cook)
- 2 sets of linen,towels and beach towels per person/week
- Consumables for the yacht (diesel, fuel and water)
- Insurance for the yacht and the passengers
- Water sports on board : snorkelling equipment, sea kayak
- Transfers airport – base – airport (optional)
- Beverages, soft and alcoholic beverages
- Cash box (mandatory): 140 Euros per person per cruise payable on spot upon arrival
- Excursions package (optional): 240 Euros per person (price valid for a participation of at least 4 persons), payable on the spot
- Transfers airport – base – airport (optional): 50 Euros per person
- Transfer one way : 25 Euros per person
“The above transfers costs are valid for payment upon reservation. In case of payment on spot by client, a 15% surcharge applies.”
(Cash box includes, depending on the destinations)
- National park fees
- Tourist taxes and landing fees on the islands
- Mooring fees
- Possible re-fills of water, fuel, gas, fresh products
- Miscellaneaous : repurchase of broken crockery, lost fishing lines or lures
The amount of Mauritius Dream cash box is of 145 Euros per person, payable in cash on spot
- Day 2: Dolphins observation form an embarkation
- Day 3: Visit to the Pamplemousses Garden and Sugar Estate Museum
- Day 4: Visit to Domaine Sucrier of Labourdonais with its castel in the nature
- Day 7: Excursion in Chamarel with its coloured earth. Visit a rum distillery. Lunch
● + 90 days before embarkation : 25%
● 89 – 60 days before embarkation : 50%
● 59 – 30 days before embarkation : 75%
● 29 days and less before embarkation : 100%
All prices subject to change without prior notice.
“The shipowner reserves the right to allocate another type of catamaran offering the same conditions of
comfort and service”
Itinerary subject to modifications without any notice for technical and/or weather reasons