Mediterranean Yacht Training Centres
We have been delivering high quality yachting holidays for more than 25 years now, and we identified that many who learn how to sail exclusively in the UK find themselves without the skills necessary to fully enjoy a Mediterranean sailing holiday. Our two Mediterranean RYA Training Centres now operate alongside our Flotillas which, we believe, gives two major benefits.
Firstly most RYA courses in the UK are 5 days, and by conducting them over a week, we can create the right balance of tuition and fun. Children have a chance to meet other children and there is time to enjoy the social aspects of our Flotilla. We organise a variety of events including a welcome party, beach party and other activities or trips ashore to keep everyone entertained.
Secondly, if you are hoping to take your family or friends sailing in the future, Flotilla offers one of the best ways to do this. Learning alongside the Flotilla can be a real confidence boost, with an extra pair of hands to help when needed. While you learn to sail, you will meet other skippers who have already benefited from sailing with a flotilla. You’ll see how our flotillas work and see the benefits and flexibility this can offer you as you progress beyond tuition into the world of sailing.
Other Training Centres
Greece Training Centre
Our longest established RYA Training Centre. This location offers everything you need to go from a novice to qualified yacht skipper.
The contrast between this and our Croatian Training Centre is this location offers largely sheltered Mediterranean sailing. It’s a good option if you are leaning towards a relaxing family-friendly holiday. The Ionian is also an ideal area to learn if you are planning to take friends and family on a relaxing sailing holiday after you qualify as a skipper.
Croatia Training Centre
Our second RYA Yacht Training Centre, based in Zaton near Sibenik, offers the full range of RYA practical courses in the Sail Cruising scheme.
Our training Centre in Croatia offers more varied conditions, and whilst still a popular holiday destination, our Flotilla here is more focused on sailing. You will encounter well-marked channels, IALA buoyage and larger marinas culminating in a challenging night sail. Providing you with the confidence to sail in a comprehensive range of destinations.
Southampton UK Training Centre
Our UK Training Centre opened in 2019 to cope with a growing demand for training before departing on your next holiday.
Weekend refreshers, ICC preparation and assessment as well as 5-day RYA courses ensure you can make the most of your holiday.
This school gives the opportunity for tidal practice as well as milebuilding trips to the west country, Channel Islands and France.
We offer a full range of courses from beginner level Start Yachting to professional level Yachtmaster qualifications.
For those who are nervous, or looking for a refresher before their upcoming holiday, our bespoke weekend courses are ideal to brush off the cobwebs and get back into the swing of things.
Nikiana Beach Club
Nikiana Beach Club is a beach front hotel on the Greek Island of Lefkas has been running since 2011. The club boasts a huge range of kit in a incredably sociable atmosphere and teachs the following courses:
- RYA National Dinghy Scheme – All Courses
- RYA National Windsurfing Scheme – Beginner Courses
- RYA National Powerboating Scheme – Powerboat 1/2 & Safety Boat
- RYA Start Yachting & Pre Flotilla Yacht Courses
Located in the village of Nikiana this small and perfectly formed beach front complex has 32 rooms, a fresh water swimming pool and a very good family run taverna in a quiet location with stunning scenery along with kids clubs and many other activities available nearby.
The RYA is a world-recognised organisation authorised by the UK Maritime Coastguard Agency to issue international certificates of competence.
Seafarer instructors for both RYA and non-RYA courses are fully qualified commercially endorsed Yachtmasters and Cruising Instructors as a minimum. Our instructors deliver a challenging syllabus to take you from no experience to a qualified licensed skipper through a series of RYA courses outlined on our Yacht syllabus pages.
We have 4 RYA Training Centres and our yachts, dinghies and other watersports equipment meets the high standards demanded by the RYA. This means that our yachts are equipped with safety and training equipment that usually exceeds the requirements of the county it is based in. Tuition yachts are regularly inspected and comply with RYA / MCA guidelines and Codes of Practice for Sail Training Yachts.
At Seafarer, we make sure that all our courses are both safe and enjoyable, offering a high standard of tuition and comfort. At all of our schools, we ensure:
- You are under the supervision of an RYA qualified instructor while at sea.
- All our RYA instructors hold the requisite first aid certificates. They are fluent in English (all courses delivered in English, as per RYA regulations).
- Safety equipment on our tuition yachts complies with both local and British regulations.
- All yachts have DSC VHF radios, handheld VHF radios and mobile phones.
- Slim-line inflatable life jackets, harnesses and crotch straps are provided for each person aboard, with extra spares carried.
- For your comfort, all yachts are equipped with Bimini sun tops (sun shade), hot water, 2 SH/WC, deck shower, electric fridge, fully equipped galley and radio / CD player.
- Accommodation on board is in double, twin or single cabins, or you can book a saloon berth. Sheets, pillowcases, pillows, blankets, duvets and towels are all provided. (for our UK school we recommend you bring your own sleeping bags and towels)
- Instructor/student ratio is maintained at a maximum of 5 students per instructor, in line with the RYA codes of practice.
What’s Included On A Tuition Yacht Course
- Instruction from RYA qualified instructors
- Provisioning for breakfast & light lunch
- All mooring fees and local port taxes
- Diesel, water & gas
- Participation in flotilla activities (For Greece and Croatia)
- End cleaning
- Bed linen apart from our UK school where we recommend you bring your own sleeping bag and towels
- Course completion certificate (if successful)
- Automatic discount when booking your next Seafarer holiday
We offer a complete set of courses that take you from a novice to a professional skipper.
To see our entire syllabus and training program for Yachts, click here.
We also offer professional development for those wishing a career as a dinghy instructor. We have been 100% successful at finding work after course completion. Click here for details.
For professional Yacht skipper development, we have schools in 3 locations, including our Tidal Uk Training Center. We have years of experience in both training and employment. Please contact us for more information.
Book your flights with us to ensure full financial protection for your holiday.
|Your flight inclusive holiday with us is financially secure as we are ATOL licensed, making the entire package ATOL protected. We have been trading since 1995 so, with over 25 years under our belts, you can book with total confidence.|
The Seafarer Price Guarantee
We Will Not Be Beaten On Price !
As an independent company, we are able to keep our prices highly competitive – if you see a like for like product featured elsewhere cheaper, let us know and we will beat it!
This guarantee applies to yacht and accommodation rates on our Beach Club, Flotilla, Learn to Sail and & Cabin Charter programmes operated by Seafarer and is subject to availability at the time of booking.
For those booking before 31st May, we will not impose any surcharges and we guarantee to honour the price confirmed to you at the time of booking.